This model identifies specific conditions that create a culture of invitation and equity in a system. Using the [CDE] Model, it names specific conditions.
- IDENTITY holds us together. We stand in a space where we see ourselves as alike in some important way. This answers “Who are we?”
- POWER is the difference that matters among us, and we define power as the ability to influence. Everyone has power, regardless of accountability or authority related to roles. Individuals influence others and are influenced by others. This is “What is important here?”
- VOICE describes how we share information and other resources. Individuals grant and generate voice as they give and take with each other. This is “How do we share resources around here?”
When we choose, moment by moment, to create these conditions, we generate a number of patterns best represented by:
- Authenticity – ability to be my whole self in all situations.
- Reciprocity – free give and take between those who share this space.
- Justice – equal access to system resources across the system.
*For more about these questions, see [Radical Inquiry]